UPDATE: We have decided to discontinue this item. When we got in our last batch in the color changing properties were not the same as the batch before and unfortunately we were unable to resolve the problem with the manufacturer and we do need to make room for some really amazing 2020 nail art goodness! We wanted to give everyone a heads up before the page disappears so you’ll know where it went and why. If you have any questions - feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mood Ring Pigment Paint - by UberChic Beauty
We've created a bit of magic...for your nails that is. Our newest product is the next big thing in nail art trends and it truly is as mesmerizing as it looks.
We've transcended the typical 2-3 color transition most thermal polishes offer and have unleashed a Specialty Paint just for Nails that will blow. you. away. Featuring a 12 Color Spectrum that is a total game-changer when it comes to epic nail art.
We've put together a couple videos below that walk you through how to use this Mood Ring Paint for Nails (including our favorite method: Galaxy Mood Nails!) but really quickly – here's a few things about it you're already dying to know:
- 12 Color Spectrum - hello rainbow!
- Our special formula dries quickly under LED nail lamps (just like the ones you use to cure your gel polishes now) – or you can also air-dry it too if you'd like – it just takes a bit longer
- It can be applied over our Gel Base Polish (see video below)
- Or it can be applied over a strong base coat + a dark Regular Nail Polish base too (for that we recommend our Black Stamping Polish as the perfect base color) - do read our note towards to bottom on longevity and wear with regular polish.
- Since it is water-based – it MUST be sealed in extremely well which is why we recommend using your best Top Gel Coat and a very good Gel Base Coat
- Contains 5g of pure nail art goodness
- Please read through the entire page so you fully understand this unique product prior to purchase. It is not considered a nail polish - it's more a specialty paint and has some special needs/requirements that must be followed in order to be used correctly and safely.
We could go on and on about how amazing this is but why don't you SEE for yourself...
Quick Tutorial + Tips on 3 different Ways you can Apply our Mood Ring Pigment Paint:
The BASICS: How to Apply Mood Ring Pigment Paint For Nails:
1. Start with a dark colored base (Base Gel Polish/then cure, then a Dark Color Gel Polish/cure): You can either Prime your nail by using our Base Gel Polish over the top of the color coat you just cured (then make sure to cure it) or by filing down your Top Coat with a fine nail file. (It needs a semi-rough or sticky surface to grab onto otherwise you’ll see it shrink.)
OR you can paint it over a super Black Nail Polish (like our Black Stamping Polish!) - don't forget to first put a really good base coat down (not a breathable one - see below) – you can even put a Gel Base Coat down if you want to make a "Gel Sandwhich of sorts.
2. Apply a thin layer of Mood Ring Pigment Paint for Nails. Be careful to apply it evenly and do not allow brush strokes if at all possible. Do not cap your tips.
3. Cure for around 120 seconds under an LED lamp until the layer is dry. You will know it’s dry when you don’t see the original tan color anywhere. If you still have tan, cure for a little while longer. (You can air-dry too but do note this will take you awhile and each coat must be fully dry before you apply the next)
4. Repeat Step 2 and 3 (depending on how thick the layers are you may need to cure for a few seconds longer (~120s+)
5. Apply a Top Coat over the paint (we recommend our long-lasting Soak-Off Gel Top Coat) taking care to coat every edge of the paint a couple times over. Cure like normal. Apply two layers of Top Coat if you really want to make sure it lasts! (If you want to try a Regular Top Coat (air-dry ones) you can – but please know that this may not last long (see below) which is why we recommend a strong Gel Top Coat.
Note: This Specialty Paint is water-based so if you have even a tiny crack in your Top Coat - it will dissolve once it hits water. That’s why you must be sure it’s totally covered with a strong Top Coat (which is why we recommend a really sturdy Gel Top Coat). That's also why we LOVE the Galaxy Mood Nails - it allows that same WOW factor but minimizes the exposure to the edges. Play around and see what works best for you!
A Note About Natural Nails/Using with Regular Polish: You can use this on natural nails but we don't recommend it and here's why:
1. If you want to try it with Regular Polish - do not use a "breathable" base coat or "breathable" nail polishes with this paint - this product needs to be FULLY sealed in at all times. We suggest even using a Gel Polish Base and Top Gel making a "Gel Sandwhich" of sorts on natural nails - Plus: it allows for a little more strength too!
2. This is water based so the longevity is significantly diminished if your nails flex and even a tiny crack in your Top Coat will cause water to get in and disintegrate it – if our paint hits water it’ll disintegrate. Artificial Nails work the best as they don’t flex and it will last MUCH longer if you use Gel Top and Base Coats.
Products Used in Full Overlay:
Products Used in Galaxy Mood Nails:
(This is also available as a discounted bundle here.)
Ingredients include: Cholesteryl Cholride, Aqua, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methoxypolyoxymethylene, Melamine, does contain <1ppm As, <10ppm Pb, <1ppm Hg, <2ppm Sb, <1ppm Cd, <50ppm Zn.
Caution: Do not use on skin - if contact occurs wash with soapy water right away. Keep product in a cool dry place and avoid sunlight. Use only on top of fingernail polish - DO NOT EAT and keep away from children. Do not use on children. Use only as intended. If your Top Coat breaks and you notice your Mood Paint is starting to disintegrate - take it off as soon as you can or have it removed by a your nail tech. Do not allow it to sit on your nails exposed - it needs to be encapsulated at all times.